Lawn is a key element of the landscape.
Lawn has been divided, based on its purposes:
- decorative lawns (classic lawn)
- roadside lawns
- flower meadow
- sport lawns
- artificial lawns
Amount of shadow:
- sunny and dry
- sunny and moist
- half shaded, average shade
- shaded and moist (soil)
- shaded and dry
The technology installations:
- seeding lawns
- fortified, seeding lawns (hillsides, car park facilities)
- hydroseeding (hillsides, used for vast hillside territories)
- carpet lawns
Lawn seed mixtures varies by lawn type and seeding norms. To ensure long lasting, good quality lawns that are suitable for specific conditions, the seed mixtures are prepared.
For seeding a lawn the soil must be prepared up to 10-20 cm thick layer. This doesn't always mean that the area requires black soil spreading in 10-20 cm, the granular and chemical structure of the existing soil needs to be pre-examined to determine whether the soil is suitable for lawn seeding. For example, the flower meadow creation may require an extra soil cultivation, to reduce nutritional structure.
The lawn installation consists of:
The baseline survey, black soil, spreading and smoothing of the black soil, removal of roots, stones and other components, compacting, seeding, the mixture of lawn seeds, mineral fertilizer, and usually the first mowing.
Often, when the lawn has started to sprout, it may seem that the weeds are more than the lawn growth. However, there is nothing to be worried about, because biologically the single year seeds of weed are sprouting faster than the lawn seeds. After the first couple of mowing’s 90% of the weeds disappear. The rest of the weeds can be removed by spraying the lawn with specific herbicides for weeds.
Usually we advise:
- to mow not less than 3 cm high, calculating that not more than 1/3 of the length of the lawn stalks are cut during the first mowing
- do not water the lawn after seeding, if it can’t be done regularly, till the sprouting of the lawn
- do not use water that is full of iron oxide for watering (lawn, cobble and facades of the buildings turn brown)
- once a year perform verticutting
- using herbicides for maintenance of the lawn should be handed to the professionals
- to spread the mineral fertilizers by using the special fertilizer spreading equipment
- to avoid permanent damage, do not put objects for more than 6-12 h on the lawn (such as covers of the pool, sheets etc.)
Do you have questions? Ask us!
We usually reply within 24 hours!
Jelgava, Graudu iela 4a, LV 3001